I just ran across this article about kitchen color schemes and felt it did a really good job of putting it all together.
Here’s a quick summary with a link at the bottom to read more in-depth
7-Step to a Kitchen Color Scheme
1. Choosing cabinet colors: Cabinets occupy about 40% of visual space. There is a lot to choose from here, from painted white cabinets, a natural wood or a dark stained look – this really defines your look.
2. Choosing appliance colors: Appliance manufactures are starting to come up with more color choices now.
3. Choosing countertop colors: Not only countertop color choices, but material choices too. Be sure to bring a sample of your cabinetry color to help you choose a coordinating countertop color.
4. Choosing flooring colors: Again bring your cabinetry color with you when picking out flooring. Some people prefer the cabinets to be similar in color as the floor, some people like contrasting color schemes.
5. Choosing a backsplash color: The same that is said for flooring can be applied here as well.
6. Choosing a wall color: There is some great programs out there that you can take a picture of your kitchen or choose a picture that is similar to the look you are after and apply different color choices to.
Here’s an online color visualizer where you can virtually paint your own interior or exterior. Color Visualizer – Sherwin-Williams
This is an interactive tool you can use to select any online image and instantly identify the paint colors that correspond to the colors contained within the picture.Chip It!™ – Sherwin-Williams
7. Choosing hardware colors: Knobs and pulls can really change the look of your style from traditional to contemporary.
This article goes in-depth and with lots of pictures and ideas on colors by style, cabinet colors, cabinet wood species, countertop colors, appliance colors and wall colors. Well worth reading.
You can find us on our Website at: www.camanocustom.com
Happily serving Camano Island, Arlington, Stanwood, Marysville, Burlington, Bellingham,
Lake Stevens, Everett, Mount Vernon, Anacortes and surrounding areas