Home remodeling projects can be extremely disruptive to daily life. But a little smart planning ahead of time can make things run more smoothly.
Here’s a few tips:
1. Pare down and pack up: Go through the room(s) that will be part of the remodel and pare back to the essentials. When you must go without your kitchen, it makes no sense to have to dig through mountains of stuff just to find your coffee mug and cereal bowl. Keep the things you will still be able to use in an accessible location and pack up the rest in boxes. If possible, move the boxes to a storage area that’s out of the main flow of traffic through the house — it’s going to feel crowded enough as it is with the workers and all of their gear.
2. Put rolling storage units to work: For the things you do want to access during the remodel, consider filling up a few storage carts on casters. This type of cart is lightweight and easy to move, and stores things in plain view so you can quickly find what you need.
3. Protect your privacy: Move your private items, do whatever you need to do now before the work begins
4. Get your most important stuff together.Once work begins it can suddenly seem impossible to find anything. Get your stuff together now and put it all in one place — somewhere well out of the remodeling zone
5. Don’t forget danger zones This is especially true with children and pets
Use arrow to flip through pictures
You can find us on our Website at: www.camanocustom.com
Happily serving Camano Island, Arlington, Stanwood, Marysville, Burlington, Bellingham,
Lake Stevens, Everett, Mount Vernon, Anacortes and surrounding areas